Shazreeyana Shukri

"The best part of beauty is one which no picture can express" - Francis Bacon

My SupeRsTarS!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Home » , , , , , , , , » Light, natural and dewy makeup for college- My new face routine and drugstore dupes!

Light, natural and dewy makeup for college- My new face routine and drugstore dupes!

Hi everyone!

It's Friday and i can't wait to see my hubby later tonight. We are going back to my hometown (Kedah) tomorrow morning to visit my dad and granny. Oh i miss them so much!

Today i just wanna share with you my new face routine, which is really simple and takes only about 5 minutes. This is a requested look by some of my followers from younger age group (they are like my own sisters- Fathin, Nita, Miera, Bella, Naz and some of their friends who have been my loyal readers. TQ darlings!)

I know some of the products cost a bit more than other drugstore brands and i personally think that students don't have to spend all of their money for high-end makeups. You can use other drugstore products that are actually great for dupes too!


At 8 a.m
And 8 hours later....
.
.
.
.
.
.

8 hours later - 5pm (no touch-ups except for lipgloss)
 After 8 hours, my makeup is still there although my face is shinier compared to the 1st photo. I tend to get oilier around my T-zone, which is quite common and it happens to other people too.

I also listed some drugstore dupes for every makeup i use. You can go and try some of these dupes, and see which one suits you BEST! :)
Click the READ MORE button to see the products i used and great drugstore dupes:





1) MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC35)-RM 65 (if i'm not mistaken)- this is my favourite concealer. It can be a bit dry, but i warm it up with my fingers to melt it a bit. This concealer lasted me more than a year.


Drugstore Dupes- Maybelline Perfect Concealer, Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector, Loreal True Match Concealer, Loreal AirWear Long-Wearing Concealer, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer, Maybelline Cover Stick Concealer, Revlon ColorStay Natural Concealer, Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer, Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer



2) Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2- RM 90 - i set my undereye concealer with this powder and BOOM my very bad dark circles are almost gone. Thanks to my gorgeous friend Tia for recommending this product. Not only it sets my undereye concealer, it has a brightening effect too. A tub can last you a very long time coz you only need a little. I think for this price, it's really worth every cent. The powder is finely milled and sets your concealer wonderfully.

Drugstore Dupes- i don't have any idea on a drugstore dupe for this one. You can set your undereye concealer with any translucent powder.


 3) Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation in Real Sand- RM 149
My favourite mineral foundation of all time! You only need a bit and a tub can last you a really long time. It gives me that dewy finish that i LOVE, without looking shiny or greasy. The powder is finely milled and sets wonderfully on the skin. It's very light-weight i don't feel like i'm having foundation on!



Drugstore Dupes- Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation, Loreal Bare Naturale

But be careful those of you who have oily skin. Mineral foundation may not be for you. But you can always give it a try..


4) Benefit SugarBomb Blusher - RM130  (sorry i can't remember the exact price)
 It's a gorgeous peachy-pink blusher that can never go wrong because the colour is buildable and won't look to much. It has some shimmers in it that gives you a healthy glow. This is a beautiful get-glowy-cheeks product if you’re light to medium-dark. 

Sugarbomb by Benefit - Clockwise : light purple, peach, pink, rosy pink
I suck at taking pictures of swatches. Left to right - rosy pink, pink, light purple, peach




Cheaper Dupe (that is not actually a drugstore brand) - The Body Shop Matte and Shimmer Cheek Colour, or just any peachy-pink blusher that you can get. A nice Peachy-pink blusher will give you a healthy natural glow..
Don't you think they look almost identical? Not 100% exact same but it might be a great dupe.

5) Lipgloss - In 1st photo i used NYX lipgloss in Whipped ( i bought from Ashley a while ago for RM 15), 2nd photo i used Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in 557 - RM95 (can't remember).
 Lipglosses are just the same to me. Doesn't have to be a high-end one. Drugstore brands are wonderful too!

6) Mascara- Maybelline Volume Express - RM33
To me drugstore mascaras are the best!

That's all for today. I hope that helps.

xoxo,
Yana.. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails