It's been a while since i've done any reviews. Today i am going to do a review on Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock with SPF 50+.
|Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock|
Click to read more...
It's been a real pain to get the right product that acts as a sunscreen and moisturizer all in one because the ones i've tried gave me that "greasy" feeling+look and most of them have caused me bad breakouts. My skin is sensitive and acne-prone so i gave up on sunscreens and totally depend on foundations with sunscreen (which is really bad for flash photograpy T_T). I was in a dilemma until i found Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock with SPF 50+.
This sunblock contains patented Helioplex technology which provides broad spectrum sun rays protection. UVA and UVB rays are known to be damaging because it penetrates deep into your skin, damage the cells which releases harmful toxins. Excessive exposure to the harmful sun rays can cause SKIN CANCER!
UVA, UVB, and UVC can all damage collagen fibers and, therefore, accelerate aging of the skin. Both UVA and UVB destroy vitamin A in skin, which may cause further damage. UVB light can cause direct DNA damage. There is no good clinical measurement for blockage of UVA radiation, but it is important for sunscreen to block both UVA and UVB. Some scientists blame the absence of UVA filters in sunscreens for the higher melanoma risk found for sunscreen users. Source from Wikipedia.
So now you know how important sunscreens with UVA+UVB protection are??
The Pros of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock
- non-oily and it feels powder soft to skin after a few minutes
- does not cause breakouts (at least for me)
- can be applied before or after you have applied your makeup (i always do it before makeup)
- mattifies your skin unlike any other sunblocks that make your face feel or look greasy
- contains UVA+UVB protection (unlike some other sunblocks that only contain either one)
- contains high SPF (50+)
- waterproof, sweat-proof and doesn't get into the eyes (great for beaches or swimming pools)
- dermatologist tested (dermatologists always recommend this brand because they get higher compliance from patients due to its formula that is more aesthetic)
- patented Helioplex, which contains stabilized Avobenzone, blocks more of the sun’s UVA rays than other leading sun protection product
- it has a fresh smell and a bit floral to me, and smells a bit like other typical sunblocks but the "sunblock" smell is not that strong and is tolerable (i think its the best smelling sunblock i've ever come across)
- some people may not like the smell of "sunblocks" like you can tell when a person wears it (but i think the smell of this one is forgiving)
- because my skin is sensitive, sometimes i feel a little "tingling" sensation around my face and a bit of burning sensation around my eyes (but again it's tolerable)
- some people say it makes their face oily at the end of the day (i didn't experience any of that)
Cost : RM 35-40 for 88 ml
|The texture is creamy but blends well after rubbing|
|It doesn't look as greasy as any other sunblocks and it's moisturizing too..|
I give it 4/5!